Don’t you hate how it’s all of a sudden Global Cab Sauv or Chardonnay day and you are not prepared? I don’t know about you, but when it comes to this sort of thing I hate not being ready for it. Therefore, I have put together a list of important wine days to mark your calendars or you can print out my Wine Days infographic below.
I have mentioned the source (below infographic), just in case you come back and point the finger at me saying I made it up (it’s only Global Wine Day I can be thanked for).
There are not many wine appreciation days which are actually “official”. The majority of them have been started by die-hard fans or wine companies who’ve used social media to help spread the word. I’ll add to this post as we go through the year in case any other ‘very important’ days pop up/are created. And hey, if they are celebrating a ‘national day’ in Europe or America, I don’t see why we can’t also celebrate in Australia and New Zealand too! Any excuse right?
Share this Image On Your Site
2018 Wine Days:
- 18 February 2018 – Global Drink Wine Day (join the 2018 Facebook Event)
- 24 February 2018 – Open That Bottle Night
- 3 March 2018 – Mulled Wine Day
- 17 April 2018 – Malbec World Day
- 4 May 2018 – International Sauvignon Blanc Day (always the first Friday in May)
- Official hashtag: #SauvBlancDay
- 9 May 2018 – World Moscato Day
- Learn more about Moscato Wine via my ultimate guide
- 24 May 2018 – International Chardonnay Day (the Thursday before Memorial Day (U.S.) each year thanks to the creator Rick Bakas)
- Learn more about Chardonnay via my ultimate guide
- 9 June 2018 – National Rosé Day (second Saturday in June every year)
- Official hashtag: #NationalRoséDay
- The date is highly debatable for Rose Day, see August 14 for more info
- 21 June 2018 – Lambrusco Day
- 2-7 August 2018 – International Albariño Days
- 4 August 2018 – National White Wine Day
- 4th of August every year
- 14 August 2018: International Rose Day
- Some say it’s in June, others say it’s August 14th and some say it’s the whole month of August – I’ll leave this one up to you!
- Learn more about Rose Wine via my ultimate guide
- 30 August 2018 – International Cabernet Day (the Thursday before the US Labor Day every year thanks to Rick Bakas)
- Official hashtag: #CabernetDay
- Here are 7 things you (probably) didn’t know about Cabernet Sauvignon
- 21 September 2018 – International Grenache Day (3rd Friday in September every year)
- Official hashtag: #GrenacheDay
- Facebook Page
- 14 October 2018 – International Pinotage Day
- 19 October 2018 – Champagne Day
- Here are 20 Ways to Celebrate International Champagne Day!
- Offical hashtag: #ChampagneDay
- 7 November 2018 – International Merlot Day
- 9 November 2018 – International Tempranillo Day
- Hashtags: #TempranilloDay or #Tempranillo
- 15 November 2018 – Beaujolais Nouveau Day (3rd Thursday in November every year)
- 21 November 2018 – National Zinfandel Day (3rd Wednesday in November every year)
If you know of any other important wine appreciation dates please let me know by leaving a comment below. And yes 2019 dates will be put up closer to the time. Cheers!