Yes this is totally what you think it is. I’m pregnant! In fact, Mr Spittoon and my baby boy is due to arrive next month! Yes, March 2020.Continue reading
Don’t you hate how it’s all of a sudden Global Cab Sauv or Chardonnay day and you are not prepared? I don’t know about you, but when it comes to this sort of thing I hate not being ready for it. Therefore, I have put together a list of important wine days to mark your calendars or you can print out my Wine Days infographic below.
I have mentioned the source (below infographic), just in case you come back and point the finger at me saying I made it up (it’s only Global Wine Day I can be thanked for).
There are not many wine appreciation days which are actually “official”. The majority of them have been started by die-hard fans or wine companies who’ve used social media to help spread the word.
I’ll add to this post as we go through the year in case any other ‘very important’ days pop up/are created. And hey, if they are celebrating a ‘national day’ in Europe or America, I don’t see why we can’t also celebrate in Australia and New Zealand too! Any excuse right?
Goodwill Wine feel good facts:
- Goodwill Wine was established in 2009 with a $15, 000 Red Cross Bush fire recovery grant
- They support the Australian wine making industry by sourcing quality wine from source boutique vineyards across Australia’s premium wine regions
- The online wine shop stocks over 20 different wines at any given time
- Goodwill Wine partners with 150 charities and not for profit organisations to donate 50% of its sales to help them continue their great work
- A Certified Social Enterprise, it’s independently audited and donations to charities verified
- All wine is 100 % vegan (learn more about vegan wine here)
- 75% of their workforce are either long term unemployed or NDIS clients
- Goodwill Wine has donated over $282,000 to over 300 charities to date
With Australians increasingly buying premium wines online, Australian social enterprise Goodwill Wine is selling high quality re-labelled wine to contribute to the good of the world.Continue reading
Today on the blog I am excited to welcome the Cellarmasters team to share with us some insights on vegan-friendly wine. I have been meaning to add something on the blog about vegan wine for awhile. I hope you enjoy it and thank you Cellarmasters for sharing such great content with us! Continue reading
I love a wine festival and I have been to one or two so I think I have a pretty good routine when preparing for a wine festival and how I act once I get there.
I want to make sure that I and the people around me have a great time and by the time we leave I can’t wait for it to happen all over again next year.
So, today I am preparing for Wine and Food’s Unwined Subiaco, WA’s premium wine and food festival.
I have been kindly gifted a couple of tickets for the VIP Club Lounge from the team at CMS Events and I am super excited.
But, before heading off to any wine festival, I make sure to have a couple of things under wraps.
Don’t Forget To Prep
1. Dress For The Occasion
It is currently beautiful Springtime weather here in Perth, and today, we’re expecting a high of 28 Degrees celcius and tomorrow a high of 33. That’s a little warmer than what we have been used to recently.