Australia, New Zealand and everyone worldwide – we have a serious problem! Feb 18th is the National Drink Wine day in the USA – but what about the rest of us? In 2016 I decided to put my foot down and said that from here on out, February 18th every year is Global Drink Wine Day! I don’t know about you guys, but I’ll surely be celebrating with a bottle or 3.
The National Drink Wine Day website says:
The purpose of National Drink Wine Day is to spread the love and health benefits of wine. Wine has played an important role in history, religion and relationships. We embrace the positive benefits of wine such as new friends, reduced risk of heart disease and the enhancement of food and life”.
I can’t think of a better reason to celebrate – and an even better reason to spread the wine love internationally.
Make sure to use the official hashtag when celebrating: #GlobalDrinkWineDay
How to celebrate Global Drink Wine Day 2024:
- Host your own wine event – check out Naomi’s recommendations for how to host a wine event
- Play a game of SOMM Blinders – a super fun blind wine tasting card game
- Visit a winery or wine region – here are some wine travel tips to get you started
- Sign up for an online wine course (there are free and paid options)
- Buy some wine online
- Try a wine from a new winery, or try a new grape variety or style of wine
- Join a wine club
- Learn how to sabre open champagne bottles
- Brush up on how to say some of those tricky wine words
- Get creative with a nice wine and food match
- DRINK WINE!!
For the full list of wine days this year click here.