Named after Bert Kleining, a bachelor who worked the land which the fruit is now sourced from”
I was recently sent samples from Atze’s Corner new Barossa Legends Red Collection to taste and it’s safe to say this Bachelor 2017 Shiraz didn’t last long unopened. Actually a fun fact for you, on the wine app – Vivino, this is my 100th Australian Shiraz tasting note 🙂
The other 2 wines in this new release trio of ‘Barossa Legends’ from Northern Barossa Valley vineyards are a 2017 ‘THE MOB’ Montepulciano and a 2017 ‘THE GIANT’ Durif. Stay tuned for my tasting notes to come on these two.
Here’s some quick info about The Bachelor:
- Winemaker: Andrew Kalleske (6th generation vigneron)
- Food match: Wagyu steak or slow roasted lamb (for more Shiraz food matches, click here)
- Alcohol: 14.5%
- Subregions: Koonunga & Ebenezer
- Cellaring: Up to 2030
- Price: $35
I decided to let Mr Spittoon take down the notes for this one and I think he sums it up pretty well:
- Eye: opaque blackberry
- Nose: vanilla oak, perfume of blueberries & blackcurrant
- Mouth: smooth subtle tannins, farmy and acidic freshness
This wine was sent to me direct from the Wine Marketing Hub as a sample, I was under no obligation to post about it.
All opinions are based on my own taste buds. Wine is subjective & always evolving, so make sure you drink what you enjoy!