You have to admit it’s the cheesiest day of the year. You either love it or hate it and to be honest with you, I don’t really mind it. Mr. Spittoon and I have had our fair share of V-Days, in the early days of our relationship it was smothered in bouquets and fancy dates. These days it’s more about a night on the couch with a good bottle of Champas. Any excuse right?
Ok I’m sure I’ll find any excuse to have a wine, let alone a Champagne but the point I’m trying to make is that Valentine’s Day is the perfect day to spoil the wine lover in your life, they are the best type of person out there after all. Plus this year, Valentine’s falls on a Saturday so there’s definitely no excuse to spoil him/her with a few extra glasses of bubbles (and fight the wine flu the next day with these cures).
So what I’ve done is put a list of 14 (yes had to decide on a number somehow and well it is Feb 14th the after all!) ultra awesome gifts that any wine lover would love. Or should I say any gift I would love to get! PS: You can so totally purchase one of these for yourself too, why not celebrate how awesome you are on V-day or any other day of the year in fact!
Enjoy and cheers to a happy wine filled Valentine’s Day!
1. Wine! Oh my god, who in their right mind wouldn’t love any sort of bottle (not goon though!) of wine! Plus I’ve put a handy wine gift giving guide together to help you choose.
2. Wearing Memories – she’ll love you FOREVER! Read more about this beautiful range of Champagne inspired jewellery here. Plus Wearing Memories are offering FREE shipping to anywhere in the world before the 14th of Feb, so get ordering peeps!
3. Pandora wino charms – I’m not sure how many wine inspired charms are out there but I have a bunch of grapes and a wine bottle-glass one (pic below)
4. Red Balloon Wine Cruise – Just watch that open bar on the boat 😉 Read all about this Swan Valley wine cruise experience here
6. Gourmet wine and food hamper from Just In Time Gourmet, they stock a great range of choices from Olive Farm Wines from the Swan Valley as well as gorgeous gourmet food products like Vino Foods from Denmark! Plus you can create your own hamper which means you can put in only the stuff that you know your sweetie will love!
7. A ticket to a wine masterclass, you could opt for something like the Providore Chocolate & Wine masterclass in the Swan Valley or a swanky masterclass at Steve’s in Nedlands
8. A Champagne Sabre, I absolutely love mine and well guys like swords so this pressure will impress both sexes! Check out a video of me in the act of sabrage here
9. Adopt a Vine – this must be one of the cutest ideas ever! You can read all about this fun initiative here
10. Print your own wine label and slap it on a bottle out at Tyler’s Vineyard in the Swan Valley
12. Amazing glassware for your wine – I love Riedel, followed closely by Plumm glassware but there’s also a special place in my wine glass cabinet for my speciality vintage glasses and Swarvoski flutes. Next one my list is some antique Champagne coupe glasses.
13. Buy a case of wine which will donate proceeds to charity. Therefore you’re giving the gift of wine and donating to his/her favourite charity. Read more about Goodwill Wines here.
14. Take her/him on a tandem skydiving and wine tour package with Southern Skydivers in Bussleton or indulge in a Romance Package with a beach skydive, roses and sparkling wine! This company has won a fair few awards of late, so I’m sure this will be one heck of an experience. And if you’re game enough, why not pop the question 😉