I don’t know who thought to make Christmas Advent Calendars boozy, but they’re a legend! It’s not like we need another excuse to indulge further during the festive season, but hey, you’ve got to get into the Christmas spirit don’t ya 😉
This probably won’t surprise you, but if you’re one of my newer readers then you may not know that I actually created my very own wine advent calendar back in 2014. I counted down the days to Christmas with Swan Valley sparkling wine – it was a pretty awesome December (more details below)!
It seems like the idea of counting down the days to Christmas with wine has caught on and now a number of retailers in Australia are actually selling wine-filled Christmas countdowns. Hence why I thought it would be a good time to let you know who’s selling them alongside details on how you can put together a DIY Advent Calendar for wine-lovers.
So, grab a glass of vino and prepare to get jolly…
Are you keen to support a boutique family owned and operated winery in South Australia this Christmas? Then you must jump on this wine advent calendar stat! Winemaker Rob Mack was crowed the Young Gun of Wine in 2018. Here’s what you can expect from the Aphelion wine advent calendar:
- 12 bottles of Aphelion Wine (all different 750ml bottles)
- Bonus of gift vouchers for 2 x complimentary cellar door wine tastings (for when we can all travel again!)
- Valued at $437 however at a special price of only $349 currently
- If you’re not keen on the surprise, you can always find out the wines before purchasing
Head over to the Aphelion Wine website to pre-order yours today!
This is a wine advent calendar you don’t want to miss! A couple of years ago I gave the Good Pair Days wine advent calendar a trial run and it did not disappoint! Here’s what you can expect:
- Choose between a mixed, chillable or reds box
- $295 including delivery or $465 if you want something extra fancy for the jolly season
- 12 x 750ml bottles individually wrapped
- A focus on Aussie wines to support local growers
- Full selection of grape types and wine styles
- “Plus nearly half the bottles in each pack are exclusives, meaning you won’t find them anywhere else! “
- There’s a couple of extra surprises in the box too
- Recipes, wine pairings and tasting notes included
Head over to the Good Pair Days website to order yours today!
Copper & Oak in Perth are doing another wine advent calendar again this year (they also have beer, gin and whisky advent calendars!). Here’s what you can expect from a C&O wine advent calendar:
- Cut off delivery date for the East Coast is the 12th of November and the 25-27th of November for WA
- Red, white and sparkling wine included
- 25 different 187ml and 200ml bottles
- All bottles individually hand wrapped and numbered
Head over to the Copper & Oak wine advent calendar page for more info.
Here is the low down on what you can expect:
- 24 mini bottles of wine (10 x 200ml and 14 x 187ml)
- 12 different varieties are included (a selection of red, white, rose and sparkling)
- You can actually see the list of wines on their page below if you can’t wait for the surprise
- Sold out in 2018 and 2019
- $139 with free delivery
- The chance to win a $1,000 De Bortoli voucher
Head over to the De Bortoli website for more info.
DIY Wine Advent Calendars
Why not opt to go shopping for yourself or your spouse/friend and create a wine advent calendar especially for them!
I can’t believe it was 4 years ago I set the task of tasting 25 different Swan Valley sparkling wines in the lead up to Christmas. It’s safe to say, myself and my friends involved had a very merry Christmas! You can read all about my DIY wine advent calendar here to help inspire you! I really loved putting all the blog posts together for my Christmas countdown and it was so interesting to try so many sparkling wines from the one region. By DIY-ing, it meant I could pick a ‘theme’ aka style of wine and really get to know it.
Cheers to a wine-filled Christmas everyone!