I don’t know who thought to make Christmas Advent Calendars boozy, but they’re a legend! It’s not like we need another excuse to indulge further during the festive season, but hey, you’ve got to get into the Christmas spirit don’t ya 😉
This probably won’t surprise you, but if you’re one of my newer readers then you may not know that I actually created my very own wine advent calendar back in 2014. I counted down the days to Christmas with Swan Valley sparkling wine – it was a pretty awesome December (more details below)!
It seems like the idea of counting down the days to Christmas with wine has caught on and now a number of retailers in Australia are actually selling wine-filled Christmas countdowns. Hence why I thought it would be a good time to let you know who’s selling them alongside details on how you can put together a DIY Advent Calendar for wine-lovers.
So, grab a glass of vino and prepare to get jolly…
ALDI have just announced their wine advent calendar is hitting stores on November 13th in selected NSW, ACT, VIC and WA stores while stocks last.
Here is what you can expect:
- 24 mini wine bottles
- French sparkling, white, rosé and red wines included
Head to your nearest ALDI store to purchase yours!
Copper & Oak, based in Perth, have just announced their wine advent calendar for 2019 and it looks gooood!
Here is what you can expect:
- $115 + delivery
- Includes a range of red wine, white wine and sparkling wine
- 25 different 187ml and 200ml bottles
- All bottles will be individually hand wrapped and numbered
- Delivery Australia-wide
Pre-orders are open now with dispatch starting from the beginning of November. For more information please head over to the Copper & Oak website.
The team over at De Bortoli Wines have brought their 2019 wine advent calendar back for another year and it’s available now!
Here is the low down on what you can expect:
- 24 mini bottles of wine (12 x 200ml and 12 x 187ml)
- 12 different wine varieties are featured (including some new releases)
- Sold out in 2018
- $139 with free delivery
- Only while stocks last (deliveries will commence from 30 August 2019 and you can order now!)
Head over to the De Bortoli website for more info.
This hugely popular wine advent calendar is back for the second year. It completely sold out last year, so I warn you – get in quick!
What you can expect from this Xmas wine countdown:
- 12 bottles of the highest rated wines from the Good Pair Days portfolio
- Choose between a mixed wine box, a red wine box or a ‘chillable’ box which is full of white, sparkling and rose!
- Alongside 12 wrapped bottles you’ll get; Christmas recipes, wine pairings, tasting notes and more! These guys kick ass at the little touches, you won’t be disappointed, trust me
- This year there are 3 price points you can choose from
Head over to the Good Pair Days website for more details and to order today.
Wine Academy are an online wine retail & education business based in Adelaide. They have just released their 2019 South Australian wine advent calendar. You can expect the following from this joyous SA wine calendar:
- Choose between a mixed case, all whites or all reds
- Includes 12 x 750ml bottles
- The selection is focused on smaller producers – all from South Australia
- Every bottle comes wrapped ready for surprises throughout
- Delivery is nationwide
For more information, head over to the Wine Academy website for more details and to order yours today.
DIY Wine Advent Calendars
Why not opt to go shopping for yourself or your spouse/friend and create a wine advent calendar especially for them!
I can’t believe it was 4 years ago I set the task of tasting 25 different Swan Valley sparkling wines in the lead up to Christmas. It’s safe to say, myself and my friends involved had a very merry Christmas! You can read all about my DIY wine advent calendar here to help inspire you! I really loved putting all the blog posts together for my Christmas countdown and it was so interesting to try so many sparkling wines from the one region. By DIY-ing, it meant I could pick a ‘theme’ aka style of wine and really get to know it.
Cheers to a wine-filled Christmas everyone!