Countdown the days to Christmas with wine!
I don’t know who thought to make Christmas Advent Calendars boozy, but they’re a legend! It’s not like we need another excuse to indulge further during the festive season, but hey, you’ve got to get into the Christmas spirit don’t ya 😉
This probably won’t surprise you, but if you’re one of my newer readers then you may not know that I actually created my very own wine advent calendar back in 2014. I counted down the days to Christmas with Swan Valley sparkling wine – it was a pretty awesome December (more details below)!
It seems like the idea of counting down the days to Christmas with wine has caught on and now a number of retailers in Australia are actually selling wine-filled Christmas countdowns. Hence why I thought it would be a good time to let you know who’s selling them alongside details on how you can put together a DIY Advent Calendar for wine-lovers.
The 2022 wine advent calendars are yet to be released, however as soon as they are, I’ll be adding them to this post. So please make sure you are subscribed for all the latest blog updates.
In the meantime, check out what wine advent calendars were available last year:
Laithwaites Wine Advent Calendar
You have to admit, the above is pretty darn cute. I really hope it comes in a box like the above, otherwise I would be disappointed (after chatting to someone who ordered one last year, she can confirm it looked like the picture – yay!). So the Laithwaites wine advent calendar is out for the year and here is what you can expect:
- It costs $130 plus delivery
- 24 doors and 24 piccolo-sized wines (187ml – 250ml) to enjoy right up to Christmas Eve
- Some of the inclusions include a bestselling Aussie Shiraz, top NZ Sauvignon Blanc and ‘glittering’ Italian Prosecco as they put it and plenty of medal-winning wines
Not only do you get 12 delicious bottles of wine, but a few extras too:
- Valued at $430, however they are selling it at $199 (that’s $16.58 a bottle)
- Some of the brands include: Ulithorne, Riversdale Estate, Gapsted & De Bortoli.
- Your 12 wines will include:
- 1 x sparkling shiraz
- 1 x Prosecco
- 1 x French rosé
- 3 x whites (chardy, rizza & savvy b)
- 5 x reds (pinot, cab sav, shiraz x2 & Bordeaux blend)
- 1 x deliciously sweet wine
- A special wine guide booklet all about wines to drink at Christmas alongside food pairings and other tips and tricks
- A special Vinomofo tote bag
Good Pair Days 12 Wines of Christmas Advent Calendar
Every year this wine advent calendar sells out, so you have to get in quick!
Here’s what you can expect from the GPD wine advent calendar:
- 12 delicious full sized individually-wrapped bottles
- Special recipes, wine pairings, tasting notes, and a couple of extra surprises
- Many of the bottles are GPD. exclusives, meaning you won’t find them anywhere else
- There are $189, $285 and $465 boxes to choose from
- Three boxes to choose from: one with all reds, one with all chillable wines (sparkling, whites and rosés) and one with both reds and whites
- Limited stock in each colour and price
BoozeBud 12 Wines of Christmas Advent Calendar
Here are the details:
- 12 half bottles (375ml)
- $139.99 on sale currently down from $159.99
- Wines from the likes of Squealing Pig, Seppelt, Penfolds, Wynns and Wolf Blass
- Varieties ranging from Pinot Grigio, Chardonnay, Rosé, Pinot Noir, Shiraz and Cabernet Sauvignon
- The 12th wine for Christmas Eve was recently awarded a Gold Medal at the Royal Adelaide Wine Show
ALDI Australia Wine Advent Calendar
ALDI have announced their wine advent calendars will be available in stores (selected NSW, ACT, VIC and WA stores while stocks last) from Wednesday 17 November 2021.
Like the previous year’s, this years will include:
- 24 piccolo bottles
- It will sell for $89.99
- The wines will all be from France and be a mix of sparkling, white rose and red
Copper & Oak Wine Advent Calendar
Copper & Oak have brought back their wine advent calendar for another year. They also offer gin, whisky, cider and beer advent calendars if you’re that way inclined. Copper & Oak are based in Perth, so if you’re over east, make sure to order early to ensure delivery before the 1st of December. Here’s some more info about it:
- It costs $139.98
- The calendar is made up of 25 different 187ml and 200ml bottles
- Red wine, white wine and sparkling wine are included
- All bottles will be individually hand wrapped and numbered
De Bortoli Wine Advent Calendar
The team over at De Bortoli Wines have brought their wine advent calendar back for another year and it’s available now!
The super cool thing about the 2021 vintage of the calendar is that every box design is unique! The box design is inspired by Christmas jumpers:
This is the first commercial print of its kind. Utilising mass versioning capabilities in digital variable print technology, every box design for De Bortoli’s Wine Advent Calendar 2021 will be uniquely different with a range of colours, multiple graphic elements and randomised placements. No single box design will be the same.”
Here’s what the 2021 version included:
- $139.95 with free delivery (either buy online or from the cellar door)
- 24 mini piccolo wine bottles
- A mix of 12 different varieties which include Sparkling, Rosé, White and Red wines (if you’d prefer not to be surprised, you can see the line-up here)
- There is also 24 chance to WIN a $1,000 De Bortoli gift voucher alongside and a daily prize for each of the 24 days of the Wine Advent Calendar
Qantas Wine Advent Calendar
Here’s what the 2021 version included:
- Mix of 12 premium full-bottle wines
- Includes a multiple gold winning sparkling valued at $99RRP, a 96-point Halliday rated cabernet sauvignon ($60RRP) and a vibrant, juicy shiraz ($50RRP)
- Priced at $457 with free delivery (currently all order over $300 are free – yay!)
DIY Wine Advent Calendars
Why not opt to go shopping for yourself or your spouse/friend and create a wine advent calendar especially for them!
I can’t believe it was 4 years ago I set the task of tasting 25 different Swan Valley sparkling wines in the lead up to Christmas. It’s safe to say, myself and my friends involved had a very merry Christmas! You can read all about my DIY wine advent calendar here to help inspire you! I really loved putting all the blog posts together for my Christmas countdown and it was so interesting to try so many sparkling wines from the one region. By DIY-ing, it meant I could pick a ‘theme’ aka style of wine and really get to know it.
Cheers to a wine-filled Christmas everyone!