Countdown the days to Christmas with these wine advent calendars!
I don’t know who thought to make Christmas Advent Calendars boozy, but they’re a legend! It’s not like we need another excuse to indulge further during the festive season, but hey, you’ve got to get into the Christmas spirit don’t ya 😉
This probably won’t surprise you, but if you’re one of my newer readers then you may not know that I actually created my very own wine advent calendar back in 2014. I counted down the days to Christmas with Swan Valley sparkling wine – it was a pretty awesome December (more details below)!
It seems like the idea of counting down the days to Christmas with wine has caught on and now a number of retailers in Australia are actually selling wine-filled Christmas countdowns. Hence why I thought it would be a good time to let you know some of the best wine advent calendars in Australia right now.
Please note some links in this blog post are to our affiliate partners, which means at no cost to you, I might receive a small amount of commission if you click through and purchase.
2023 Advent Calendars for wine lovers:
The Laithwaites wine advent calendar is back for another year! I was kindly sent one of these a couple of years ago to try out and I had a ball working my way through all the little bottles.
Here’s what you can expect from this wine advent calendar:
- $150 + shipping
- It looks amazing, I mean how fantastic is the presentation, totally in the spirit of the jolly season
- 23 fun quarter-bottles (187ml) which includes rich reds, crisp whites, fresh rosé
- 1 lovely half bottle of Prosecco (375ml) to enjoy on Christmas Eve
The much anticipated Good Pair Days Wine Advent Calendar is out for 2023! And they are looking pretty epic this year folks.
These always sell out, so if you don’t want to miss out, get your order in stat.
Not only will you get 12 amazing full size wine bottles but you can also choose a special gift – a GPD picnic pack, chiller set, beach box or extra reward points.
Plus there’s more:
- A full selection of grape types and styles from near and far, ‘both indie and iconic’
- Special matching recipes
- Tasting notes
- You can choose from all reds, sparklings, chillables (white, rose and sparkling) or a mixed pack of reds and chillables
- Priced from $295 per pack you also have the option to upgrade your wines with the Fancy $495 pack or go Extra Fancy for $895
- Shipping is included and the boxes will start to be shipped from mid November
Heathcote Women in Wine “12 days of Christmas” Wine Calendar 2023
The first multi winery, the first regional and the first all women Wine Advent Calendar is back for another year in 2023.
The women behind this epic wine advent calendar are a mix of winemakers, viticulturists, business managers & marketers.
What’s inside the box this year?
- 12 elegant half-bottles (375ml) of premium Heathcote wines
- The wineries participating include: Sanguine Estate, Silver Spoon Estate, Munari Wines, Farmer & The Scientist and Tar & Roses
- Mix of white wines, rosés, Mediterranean varietals and traditional reds.
- $219 delivered Australia wide but if you pre-purchase prior to 1 st November it is only $199
- Only 100 made so be quick to order!
- Shipped from November 17th
- There are QR codes in the box to scan to learn more about your wine each day
- Tasting notes will be revealed in a special top secret envelope included in the box
Happs’ from Margaret River’s wine advent calendar will go on sale on the 1st of October. Here is what you can expect:
- $260 with FREE delivery nationwide (valued at $350!)
- It includes a selection of Happs’ award-winning white, rosé, red and sweet wines (12x750ml bottles)
- A special unique gift in each box
Copper & Oak 2023 Wine Advent Calendar
Copper and Oak’s 2023 wine advent calendars are available for pre-order now. They’ll be dispatched the second week of November. Here’s what you can expect:
- $148.98 each + shipping
- 25 piccolo bottles (187ml and 200ml bottles) of red wine, white wine and sparkling wine
- Individually hand boxed and numbered
De Bortoli are always the first out with their annual wine advent calendar having been on sale since August 2023!
Here’s what the 2023 version included:
- $139.95 with free delivery
- It includes a selection of red, white, sparkling and rosé wines
- 24 piccolos are included and are made up of 13 different grape varieties
- Every purchase goes into the draw to win weekly minor prizes of Rosé 6-bottle gift packs (valued at $119.70) and 3 major prizes of $1,000 De Bortoli Online Shop gift vouchers
MyattsField Wine Advent Calendar
I am thinking this might be the first year the team at MyattsField have brought out a wine advent calendar and I am loving the sound of it! MyattsField are based in the Perth Hills over in WA and they produce fantastic wines.
Here’s what you can expect:
- 12 x 750ml bottles of wine
- $299 down from $355 and free shipping
- Limited boxes available so get in quick!
Wine Academy Advent Calendars
If you love South Australian wine or want to get to know it better, then the Wine Academy advent calendars are for you!
- Choose from either a white & rose, all red, all whites or a mixed case
- 12 x 750ml bottles
- $260 + shipping (I see to VIC it is a $20 flat rate)
The Qantas wine advent calendar is back for another year! I have heard through good sources that the wine selection in this one is pretty epic.
- Valued at $487 however you can nab it for $258 (so $21.50 a bottle) or 42,000 air points
- 12 x 750ml bottles
- It includes a mix of premium wines including a bottle of rose champagne, a Barossa Valley cabernet shiraz (valued at $50 and only available at Qantas Wine), a multiple Gold medal winning Adelaide Hills pinot noir and a 95 point Margaret River chardonnay (valued at $45RRP)
DIY Wine Advent Calendars
Why not opt to go shopping for yourself or your spouse/friend and create a wine advent calendar especially for them!
I can’t believe it was 4 years ago I set the task of tasting 25 different Swan Valley sparkling wines in the lead up to Christmas. It’s safe to say, myself and my friends involved had a very merry Christmas! You can read all about my DIY wine advent calendar here to help inspire you! I really loved putting all the blog posts together for my Christmas countdown and it was so interesting to try so many sparkling wines from the one region. By DIY-ing, it meant I could pick a ‘theme’ aka style of wine and really get to know it.
Cheers to a wine-filled Christmas everyone!