I don’t know who thought to make Christmas Advent Calendars boozy, but they’re a legend! It’s not like we need another excuse to indulge further during the festive season, but hey, you’ve got to get into the Christmas spirit don’t ya ;)
This probably won’t surprise you, but if you’re one of my newer readers then you may not know that I actually created my very own wine advent calendar back in 2014. I counted down the days to Christmas with Swan Valley sparkling wine – it was a pretty awesome December (more details below)!
It seems like the idea of counting down the days to Christmas with wine has caught on and now a number of retailers in Australia are actually selling wine-filled Christmas countdowns. Hence why I thought it would be a good time to let you know who’s selling them alongside details on how you can put together a DIY Advent Calendar for wine-lovers.
So, grab a glass of vino and prepare to get jolly…
12 Wines of Christmas Advent Calendar
This hugely popular wine advent calendar is back for the second year. It completely sold out last year, so I warn you – get in quick!
What you can expect from this Xmas wine countdown:
- 12 bottles of the highest rated wines from The Wine Gallery portfolio
- Choose between a mixed wine box, a red wine box or a ‘chillable’ box which is full of white, sparkling and rose!
- Alongside 12 wrapped bottles you’ll get; Christmas recipes, wine pairings, tasting notes and more! These guys kick ass at the little touches, you won’t be disappointed, trust me
- The box is $285 including shipping Australia-wide
I had a quick chat with The Wine Gallery team who are offering TC readers a special discount! Simply use the code “travelcorkadventcalendar” to get $20 off your calendar!
Head over to The Wine Gallery website for more details and to order today.
Copper & Oak 25 Bottle Wine Advent Calendar
I can’t think of a better way to spend December, than having a bottle of wine each day from the 1st right up until Christmas Day on the 25th. Perth-based liquor merchant, Copper & Oak have just announced their 2018 Wine Advent Calendar and it’s stellar!
Here are some more details on it:
- 25 x 187ml and 200ml bottles of wine
- A mix of red wine, white wine and sparkling wine from different producers
- All bottles are hand wrapped and numbered
- Delivery Australia-wide
- Only $115 + postage
- Dispatched early November (Please note: For guaranteed delivery before the 1st of Dec cut east coast customers will need to order before 16th November, WA Regional before 27th November and Perth metro before 29th of November. They’ll still have them available if people order after these dates but they just might not arrive before the 1st of Dec)
But that’s not all folks, Copper & Oak are also offering Gin, Whiskey, Beer AND Cider advent calendars!! For more information and to order, head over to the Copper & Oak website.
De Bortoli Wine Advent Calendars
The team over at De Bortoli Wines have created their very own Xmas wine advent calendar for 2018 and it’s available now!
Here is the low down on what you can expect:
- 12 x 187ml bottles and 12 x 200ml piccolo bottles of wine
- A mix of wines from their various brands including; Windy Peak range, Emeri sparkling wines, and the new Rosé Rosé to name a few
- Only $129 with free delivery
- Only while stocks last (deliveries will commence late October and you can order now!)
Head over to the De Bortoli website for more info.
Booze Bud Red & White Wine Advent Calendars
In 2018, Booze Bud have released both a red wine advent calendar and a white wine advent calendar.
Here’s what you can expect from these two boozy wine advent calendars:
- 12 bottles (from what I can tell, they are full bottles)
- Mixed case of award-winning wines from Australia and New Zealand
- Includes a range of styles (e.g. Riesling, Chardonnay, Pinot Gris and Sauvignon Blanc in the white wine calendar and Shiraz, Pinot Noir, Malbec, GSM, Cabernet Sauvignon, Merlot and Tempranillo in the red wine calendar)
- Normal price for the packs are $305 and $318 but you can currently snap them up for $199 + shipping (this looks to be about $10)
Head over to the Booze Bud website for more info and also to check out their beer, cider, whisky, rum and gin advent calendars too!
ALDI Wine Advent Calendar
It’s been confirmed! ALDI Australia has a 2018 Wine Advent Calendar available for purchase from November 14th in select stores in NSW, ACT, VIC and WA.
Here are the details:
- It includes 24 mini bottles of French wine
- A mix of sparkling, white, rosé and red wine
- Cost is $79.99
Head over to the ALDI website for further details. Plus there is also an ALDI beer advent calendar available too!
DIY Wine Advent Calendars
Why not opt to go shopping for yourself or your spouse/friend and create a wine advent calendar especially for them!
I can’t believe it was 4 years ago I set the task of tasting 25 different Swan Valley sparkling wines in the lead up to Christmas. It’s safe to say, myself and my friends involved had a very merry Christmas! You can read all about my DIY wine advent calendar here to help inspire you! I really loved putting all the blog posts together for my Christmas countdown and it was so interesting to try so many sparkling wines from the one region. By DIY-ing, it meant I could pick a ‘theme’ aka style of wine and really get to know it.
Cheers to a wine-filled Christmas everyone!