I don’t know who thought to make Christmas Advent Calendars boozy, but they’re a legend! It’s not like we need another excuse to indulge further during the festive season, but hey, you’ve got to get into the Christmas spirit don’t ya 😉
This probably won’t surprise you, but if you’re one of my newer readers then you may not know that I actually created my very own wine advent calendar back in 2014. I counted down the days to Christmas with Swan Valley sparkling wine – it was a pretty awesome December (more details below)!
It seems like the idea of counting down the days to Christmas with wine has caught on and now a number of retailers in Australia are actually selling wine-filled Christmas countdowns. Hence why I thought it would be a good time to let you know who’s selling them alongside details on how you can put together a DIY Advent Calendar for wine-lovers.
The 2021 wine advent calendars are just starting to hit the online shop shelves, so make sure to bookmark this post and check back for new ones over the coming weeks.
So, grab a glass of vino and prepare to get jolly…
The team over at De Bortoli Wines have brought their wine advent calendar back for another year and it’s available now!
The super cool thing about the 2021 vintage of the calendar is that every box design is unique! The box design is inspired by Christmas jumpers:
This is the first commercial print of its kind. Utilising mass versioning capabilities in digital variable print technology, every box design for De Bortoli’s Wine Advent Calendar 2021 will be uniquely different with a range of colours, multiple graphic elements and randomised placements. No single box design will be the same.”
Here is what you can expect from the De Bortoli 2021 Wine Advent Calendar:
- $139.95 with free delivery (either buy online or from the cellar door)
- 24 mini piccolo wine bottles
- A mix of 12 different varieties which include Sparkling, Rosé, White and Red wines (if you’d prefer not to be surprised, you can see the line-up here)
- There is also 24 chance to WIN a $1,000 De Bortoli gift voucher alongside and a daily prize for each of the 24 days of the Wine Advent Calendar
Good Pair Days 12 Wines of Christmas Advent Calendar 2021
Every year this wine advent calendar sells out, so you have to get in quick! Currently you can register your interest for the Good Pair Days 2021 wine advent calendar.
Here’s what you can expect from the GPD wine advent calendar:
- 12 delicious full sized individually-wrapped bottles
- Special recipes, wine pairings, tasting notes, and a couple of extra surprises
- Many of the bottles are GPD. exclusives, meaning you won’t find them anywhere else
- There are $189, $285 and $465 boxes to choose from
- Three boxes to choose from: one with all reds, one with all chillable wines (sparkling, whites and rosés) and one with both reds and whites
- Limited stock in each colour and price
DIY Wine Advent Calendars
Why not opt to go shopping for yourself or your spouse/friend and create a wine advent calendar especially for them!
I can’t believe it was 4 years ago I set the task of tasting 25 different Swan Valley sparkling wines in the lead up to Christmas. It’s safe to say, myself and my friends involved had a very merry Christmas! You can read all about my DIY wine advent calendar here to help inspire you! I really loved putting all the blog posts together for my Christmas countdown and it was so interesting to try so many sparkling wines from the one region. By DIY-ing, it meant I could pick a ‘theme’ aka style of wine and really get to know it.
Cheers to a wine-filled Christmas everyone!