I was kindly invited to test out the Halliday Wine Club for 6-months as part of a review for this blog. All opinions are my own and as always, I encourage you to drink what you enjoy.
The Halliday Wine Club is one of the newest wine subscription services to enter the Australian market. It was launched in 2022 and aims to bring top-rated Australian wines into the glasses of more eager wine drinkers.
The whole philosophy of the club is to:
Our purpose is to ensure our members never drink a bad bottle of wine again.
Here’s the low-down of the Halliday Wine Club
- 2 bottles delivered monthly to your door
- Both bottles are gold medal wines that are rated at 95+ points
- Tasting notes included for each bottle
- A Halliday corkscrew in your first box
- $129 per month if you are a member, or $139 for non-members
- New members will get a digital Halliday membership included
- You can pause, skip or cancel at any time
It’s all about the wine right. So what are they like? They’re definitely not your typical wines… let’s just put it that way. In the boxes I have had so far, the wines range from $40-$85.
The team at Halliday say that they:
We endeavour to provide wines that equal or surpass our monthly flat fee, there will be times where they may fall slightly short. We assure you that any deficits will be made up over time and that members will find the Wine Club to be fair and good value.
Therefore to get the upmost value from the club, it’s definitely better to be in it for the long terms so you can reap the benefits.
Here is an example of some of the wines I have received:
- Narkoojee Reserve Chardonnay, Gippsland, 2020
- Savaterre Pinot Noir, Beechworth, 2018
- Duke’s Vineyard Magpie Hill Reserve Riesling, Porongurup, 2021 ($42)
- Voyager Estate Cabernet Sauvignon, Margaret River, 2017 ($85)
- Lindeman’s Trio St George Vineyard Cabernet Sauvignon, Coonawarra, 2019 ($70)
- Moorooduc Estate Robinson Vineyard Chardonnay, Mornington Peninsula, 2020 ($60)
Watch my unboxing video
I think it’s a fantastic wine subscription option for those who want quality over quantity. I am super thankful to Halliday Wine Companion for giving me this trial run and between you and me, I am probably going to continue my subscription and pay for it, as I think it’s fantastic. That should tell you just how much I am enjoying it 😉