Unless you’ve been living under a rock you’ll know that the espresso martini has become a rather fabulous cocktail to be seen drinking. Gone are the days of meeting up for a coffee now that the espresso martini is on the scene! They wake you up, taste great and set you up for the night ahead.
Recently Mr. Spittoon and I were seriously lacking energy prior to heading out with some friends. We were both so close to blowing off our plans so that we could instead curl up in bed with a good book and probably fall asleep within minutes. But about 30 seconds later we realised that we aren’t retired and living in a nursing home yet. We should act our ages 🙂
Therefore we had a JINX moment, yep that’s right.. I think we both literally said espresso martini at the same time! The only issue was that it was too late to go to the shops so we would have to make do with what we had. I will let you know that the picture at the top of the post is not made from the below recipe as we literally drank them out of tea-cups however Mr. Spittoon did garnish mine with 3 coffee beans on top. Bless!
So here is a tried and tested absolutely delicious cocktail recipe in my books.
Ultimate Espresso Martini Recipe with a
Swan Valley Twist
- 1/2 shot (approximately 20-25ml) of Yahava Black Gold espresso coffee
- 1/2 shot of Yahava Ice Koffee
- 1/2 shot of Sambarino Macchiato Chocolate Liqueur from Providore
- 1/2 shot of Harris Organic Vodka
- Milk and ice
- Make the espresso, you can either let it cool or just chuck it in (we just chucked it in over a couple of big cubes of ice in each cup).
- Add the ice coffee, chocolate liqueur, vodka and give it a quick stir.
- Top up with milk as per your taste, a little bit if you want it strong or a lot if you want it as a tall drink.
- You could also chuck all the above ingredients into a cocktail shaker so that you can get that yummy foam on top.
- To be fancy, add 3 coffee beans on top and one of those funky striped paper straws if needed.
And that’s it folks! It truly is an absolute delicious cocktail recipe. This recipe is purely a result of what’s in my cupboards, so feel free to let your creative juices flow and adapt where needed. In the end, the only taste buds you need to make happy are your own. Cheers!
PS: If you keen on alcohol infused recipes, make sure to check out my Wine Icy Pole Recipe.