Friggatriskaidekaphobia is the fear of Friday the 13th. It is the most feared day and date in history with approximately 20 million people in the USA alone suffering from this phobia.
But the Travelling Corkscrew is here to say, don’t fear – wine is here! Embrace this superstitious day by pouring yourself a well-earned glass of spoooooky vino to give yourself some liquid courage on this Friday 13th.
(Insert creepy Sesame Street Dracula counting..)
- This is a double whammy straight off the bat. Two bottles, both from Western Australia’s Margaret River region: the first being from Edwards Wines, the second from Cullen Wines. Haha yes I am a secret twi-hard fan and whenever I come across either of these ranges I can’t help but think about the other. So why not grab a couple of bottles and curl up for an Edward Cullen marathon today.
- Have you heard of the Black Swan theory? It is an unpredicated event that has a big and rather shocking impact. This was actually true when I recently tried the Black Swan Winery Cabernet Sauvignon from Western Australia’s Swan Valley, an amazingly well priced and juicy blood-red wine. Surprise yourself people!!
- If you live in Perth, then get on down to The Lucky Shag Waterfront Bar, any wine at this ‘lucky’ establishment will surely outweigh that Friday 13th unluckiest!
- It’s true what people say, courage is inside every bottle. I think the technical name is, Liquid Courage. If you’re lacking in the courage department I dare you to down a bottle of Coward & Black wine, it may say coward on the bottle but once you’ve had your prescribed amount (1 full bottle per person) your liquid courage will set in. If not, down another bottle.
- Any bottle of wine for $13 from your local bottle shop! Or how about 13 bottles of $13 wine to stock the cellar. Surely that is a good omen for the future !!