I think it has been one of the best decisions that I have ever made. Three years ago I suggested we change the USA’s National Drink Wine Day to Global Drink Wine Day (GDWD). It just feels like it should be an occasion for everyone, anywhere in the world to raise a glass and cheers our favourite bevvy.
The awesome thing is, 3 years later, a lot of awesome people have picked it up. There are a number of wineries and brands who are getting into the spirit of the day and celebrating in their own wine-y way.
Join the 2019 Facebook Drink Wine Day Event Group here >>
So the question is, how will you be celebrating on Monday 18th of February 2019?
Here are some ideas to get the ball rolling:
- Host your own wine event – check out Naomi’s recommendations for how to host a wine event
- Visit a winery or wine region – here are some wine travel tips to get you started
- Sign up for a wine education course or class – for those in Perth, here are your wine appreciation options
- Buy some wine online
- Try a wine from a new winery, or try a new grape variety or style of wine
- Join a wine club
- Learn how to sabre open champagne bottles
- Brush up on how to say some of those tricky wine words
- Get creative with a nice wine and food match
- DRINK WINE!!